Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Savannah Nocturnes: Mercer House


Now for something completely different. No history and no figures. This is the first in a series that I'm calling the Savannah Nocturnes. Night time paintings of the famous haunted houses of Savannah, Georgia. The old houses of Savannah look very stately and Ole South during the day, but at night you can begin to picture them in the lush tropical environment that feels like the real Savannah.

The Mercer House, of course, is the original home of Johnny Mercer, and the house that played a large part in the book and movie, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

The painting will be reproduced in a 250 print edition on paper, and a 25 print edition on canvas. Available for Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Ken. Where are these available?

Ken Smith said...

They'll be available only from me for the time being; I'm in the process of re-doing my website to get all the new stuff up. In September I'm going to try to get to Savannah and line up a gallery down there (and also take more reference shots for additional paintings--Mercer House is the only one I've done so far).