Thursday, August 9, 2007

The London Olympics


This has been getting some press in the British news lately: the new London Olympics logo.

Neville Brody, the famous British graphic designer, is supposed to have said that it looked like "Lisa performing fellatio on Bart." And now that I've heard that description, that's all I can see.

The cost: $796,000

Oh, and the animated version apparently caused epileptic seizures. No, I'm not making this stuff up.

Just part of the wonderful world or graphic design.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird, I just learned the 2010 Vancouver Olympics logo has caused two controversies: one over the use of Inuit art and the other over a contest for the design involving a $25,000 prize, which designers felt cheapened their profession.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think everything is a Rorschach inkblot test.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Excuse me while I clean the projectile vomit off of my computer screen.

erin said...

Ken, Ken, Ken. tsk-tsk.

Clean-minded folk instead see "2012".
;-)

Erin

Ken Smith said...

Okay, now that you've had a chance to think about it, do you still see 2012? Or do you just not watch the Simpsons?

erin said...

We'll discuss this further. I just enrolled for your painting class in Feb. LOL! I'll be painting like that as rusty as I am.