Saturday, February 2, 2008

SmartFlix

Those of you have ever considered buying instructional art videos should go check out SmartFlix.com.

They have an extensive collection of those usually super-expensive DVDs that I always wanted to see, but always cost too much to buy (and of course the library never has them).

They have all of Richards Schmid's landscape DVDs, which are great (I've rented them all), and they have Burt Silverman's (my favorite figure painter) DVDs. I own one of Silverman's programs on VHS, but it's such a pain to get that player to work, I just rented the DVD.

They have an affiliate program, too. So if you click through here, I get some sort of credit (so by all means click through here).

They have a bunch of non-art stuff too of course (car repair, home repair, etc) and a huge collection of Digital Art DVDs--photoshop, illustrator, flash, etc (speaking of super expensive).

Great resource!

And by the way, if you see something cool that you'd recommend, please let me know!

1 comment:

Linda Davick said...

Well, it's a little different, but I just discovered a fascinating instructional video on lynda.com. It's called "tokidoki." I'm getting a big kick out of it. Plus it's fun watching someone draw with the pen tool in Illustrator, something I've never really caught on to.

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=524