Thursday, October 11, 2007

Moving pictures

I'm working on getting the actress series of giclee prints ready for prime time (which won't be long). The scans are done and color-corrected, and I'm currently trying determine the best paper to print the whole set on (I'm leaning toward a smooth Crane drawing paper). They're looking very cool, if I do say so myself.

In the meantime, here's a blast from the not so distant past. Last July (of 06) "Alive at Five," a show on WBIR-TV did a brief feature on my work while it was hanging at the Blount Mansion gallery in downtown Knoxville.

So no sense missing an opportunity for some multi-media blog-o-tainment.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work, Ken! Thanks for posting.
Bizarre space.

Linda Davick said...

Ken, this is really nice.
so did you get your series of prints ready?
What are you working on now?

Ken Smith said...

well, I just finished a new Colonial portrait, posted above. Haven't been doing much else in the art line; just trying to get caught up. I'm very close to having a new web site together. If you'd like to see a preview, part of it is up at http://www.historicactress.com

The prints are nearly complete. I haven't decided yet whether to release them all at once, or one at a time over a period of months. any thoughts?